Coarse bread texture

Judith Barnett <pooh4jvn@pacbell.net>
Mon, 14 May 2001 09:07:16 -0700
v101.n026.9
I am sure this topic has been covered before and maybe in the archives but
I was not sure what to search for. My question is that I love making bread
in my bread machine but I am never happy with the outcome. Is there anyway
to get the texture more like store bought bread? Is this a function of the
preservatives they use or just the ingredients? Does it make it softer if I
add more oil and decrease the liquid? I am on my second breadmaker and it
does not seem to have anything to do with the particular brand. The one
bread that seems to be a little better is a bread made with rice (white,
wild or brown) added as one of the ingredients. Any suggestions or recipes
would be welcomed.

Judith
Judith Barnett
pooh4jvn@catlover.com