Pita Bread

"Carlton" <carlton@wave.net>
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 19:55:19 -0700
v101.n035.18
I sure need help. We love pita bread stuffed with salads, chili verde, or
whatever but are having trouble making them consistantly acceptable. I cook
them on a baking stone and they puff up very nicely, making a snug little
pocket. However, sometimes the top above the pocket is very thin while the
bottom crust is very thick. They should be of the same thickness and
sometimes they are but usually not. Can anyone tell me what I am doing
wrong? I e-mailed King Arthur for advice but have not heard from them.

Thank you,
Dick Carlton
Brookings, OR