Sam's Club Flour versus The World...

TheGuamTarheels@webtv.net (The Ol' Tarheel)
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 08:23:27 -0400 (EDT)
v101.n040.8
Recent comments indicate that most (but not all) of you are pleased with
the results you get from Sam's Club Flour.  I've never used it, but
before I switched exclusively to King Arthur, I was often disappointed
with the inconsistency in flours from the "big guys" up in Minneapolis.
Sometimes it was good and sometimes it was bad, and I wondered why.
After attending a King Arthur baking class in my area a few years ago, I
was told by the instructor that King Arthur sets very rigid consistency
standards for the mills that grind their flour.  I realize that a KA
instructor is not going to knock KA flour, but I began using only King
Arthur after that.  I have never been disappointed again.

Bob the Tarheel Baker