bricks out of a bread machine

Lorna Noble <lnoble@ecosse.net>
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 11:27:16 +0100
v101.n040.9
Hello people.

This is a query on behalf of two family members, working with different bread
machines, who are having the same problem.

If they set the timer for longer than a few hours, the bread doesn't rise
at all, and comes out as a brick.  My theory was that they are adding the
ingredients as 1)yeast, 2)flour/other dry ingredients, 3)liquid - and I
think the yeast is running out of steam before the machine actually starts
mixing etc.

Any tips, please, as my gran in particular cannot make bread any other way
and was really enjoying the stuff from the machine before this problem
cropped up.

Thanks a lot

Lorna

--