Bread Baking Tip

"Sonia Martinez" <akakainn@gte.net>
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 09:08:24 -1000
v101.n042.7
I'm not sure if other bread nmachine users are doing this, but my
brother-in-law came up with this idea and my sister and I have been doing
it for years.

About once a week or so, I fill  10-12 plastic ziplock baggies with all the
dry ingredients (except yeast) for whatever recipe I want- I mark the
packages accordingly.  You can even add the butter amount called for in the
recipe to the dry ingredient mix.  The yeast is pre-measured and stored in
one of the little photo film round cases (I prefer to store them in the
clear ones and not the black ones) and drop the film case into the ziplock
baggie.  I store all my baggies in the bottom drawer of my
refrigerator.  When I'm ready to bake, I take out a bag and let it sit to
room temperature.  Add the liquid amount needed to the machine and then
dump everything in, making a little well for the yeast.  It works for us!

Sonia in Hawaii