Mixed up on mixers?

Mike <mikes_room@yahoo.com>
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 07:36:37 -0700 (PDT)
v101.n045.8
Hello to all the bakers out there. I read about the mixer dilema all the
time and from the experience of owning and using all three popular brands
(Kitchenaid, Kenwood and Magic Mill DLX) I would like to share my
thoughts. First of all the way I rate these machines are Magic Mill is
number one hands down. Next the Kenwood and then Kitchenaid. I see and
hear of more KA's burning out than any other mixer. Yes you see them on
the cooking shows almost exclusively (they probably get them for free to
use so they aren't going to be choosey) I lost a 4qt and replaced it with
the 5qt and had the same thing happened.....the motor went ka-poot! I then
purchased a 7qt Kenwood that I have put through the ringer and it has held
up beautifully. It seems the only thing KA has is a name. Their mixers
aren't as good as they used to be. If your looking for orbital type mixer
buy a Hobart. It comes in a 5qt model but be prepared to pay around TWO
THOUSAND DOLLARS for one if you buy it brand new. That will last a few
life-times and then some. Then we come to the Magic Mill DLX (advertised
in King Atrhur Catalog and a few others) I bought mine from a company
online. Paid under the $500.00 everyone is asking for including shipping
and I'm in dough heaven. What a fantastic machine! So, you can keep your
KA's, super expensive Hobarts. If your a serious bread maker that wants to
be able to do some quantity or just like good reliable equipment like I
do, look into the Magic Mill DLX. You'll be glad you did!
P.S. Kenwood DOES have attachments for their machines as the KA does.
Hope this is some help.  Mike