Browning of Crust

FMTZ@aol.com
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 15:05:09 EDT
v101.n047.3
Dear All:

A little help PLEASE!

With one exception, all the different breads i bake come out very well. I
have done all of Amy's Breads, Carol Field's Breads and loads of my own. The
exception is:

I cannot get my crusts to get as beautifully dark brown as those pictured in
books or, for that matter, available from artisan bakeries (my baquettes are
the sole exception to the exception). The inside of my bread is always just
right, moisture is good, I steam the oven, etc. etc. But the crust color and
a little of the crust texture continue to escape me.

What do you think i should try?

Thank you in advance for the help. I really appreciate it!

Frank