Making & Freezing Pretzels

"Julie Moretti" <morejul@worldnet.att.net>
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 15:52:27 -0400
v101.n047.4
Recently I became interested in making pretzels with spelt flour.  My first
attempt was fairly successful, but I noticed that home made pretzels do not
"keep" well.  Has anyone frozen the pretzel dough for future use, after it
has been shaped into pretzels but before it is baked, with good
results?  Also another recipe recommends using non-diastatic malt powder
instead of sugar in preparing the dough.  Does anyone know where this can
be purchased in small quantities for home baking?  Your help would be
appreciated.

Thanks.
JPM