Laugenbrezeln

"Mona" <blueberry-dream@gmx.net>
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 13:23:27 +0200
v101.n049.7
Hi everybody,

today I send some recipes I've translated from German to English. I hope
that everything is clear to understand and that you can get all
ingredients. If you have a question please let me know.

Mona from Germany

This recipe is one of my familys favorites:

* Exported from MasterCook *

                        Laugenbrezeln (Salt Pretzel)

Recipe By     : Monika Eckert
Serving Size  : 8     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : breads

   1 1/2         ounces  yeast, fresh or 1 package dry yeast
   1 1/4           cups  water -- lukewar
   1           teaspoon  sugar
   4               cups  flour, all-purpose
   1         tablespoon  salt
      2/3         ounce  butter
   6 1/3           cups  water
      1/8         pound  sodium
   2        tablespoons  salt -- to sprinkle

Dissolve yeast in water. Sieve flour in a bowl, add water, yeast, sugar,
butter and salt and knead to a smooth dough. Divide into 8 pieces.

Roll to a string of 16-20 inches and shape a pretzel. You can also built
rolls with the dough.  Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise for 10 minutes.

In the meantime bring the water to boil, add sodium and cook the pretzels
one after the other for 30 seconds. Remove from water, place them on a
baking tray and sprinkle with salt (or poppy seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame
seeds, whatever you like). Sprinkle salt on the pretzel immediately after
removing from water. Store in a cool place for 30 minutes. Then bake in the
preheated oven at 440F for 20 minutes.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 246 Calories; 3g Fat (9.4% calories
from fat); 6g Protein; 48g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 5mg Cholesterol;
827mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.