Honey Wheat Bread (eggless)

Laurie <Jcsdove7@netscape.net>
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 23:15:53 -0600
v101.n050.5
I have been a part of this list for a long time, but have not posted in a
very long time. So thanks to help from Reggie I am back to where I can post.

Bunny

* Exported from MasterCook *

                         Honey Wheat Bread (eggless)

Recipe By     :Laurie
Categories    :

    3               cups  warm water
       3/4           cup  honey
    1         tablespoon  molasses
    2        tablespoons  yeast
       1/4           cup  oil
    1           teaspoon  salt
    5               cups  whole wheat flour
    3 1/2           cups  whole wheat flour
                      or
    2 5/8           cups  unbleached flour
       7/8           cup  wheat germ

These are GENERAL Guidelines for Making Bread

Sponge Yeast   a) Pour scalding milk or boiling water over honey to
dissolve it. b) cool liquid to lukewarm--110F  c) sprinkle yeast in and
stir. d) let it set 5 minutes till it has a light, spongy texture.   If
it clumps or doesn't sponge  START AGAIN

Add oil, salt, and 1st portion of flour. Beat mixture with wooden spoon,
100 strokes

Add the remaining flour, stir. When the dough is stirred enough, it will
come away from the sides of the bowl.

Turn the dough out on a lightly-floured board. With the palms of your
hands pushing away from you, push the edges of the dough to the center
as you knead. Knead until the dough has an elastic texture and no longer
sticks to your hands

Rinse a big bowl with warm water. Dry and lightly oil it. Shape dough
into a ball and place it in the bowl. Lightly oil the surface of the dough.

Cover the bowl with a warm, slightly -damp cloth, and set it in a warm
place (about 85F). Be sure there are no drafts. Let the dough rise until
it is doubled in balk, (about 1 - 2 hours)

Punch dough down, letting air escape and giving fresh air to yeast. Let
dough rise a second time, and punch it down again when it is doubled.

For whole wheat bread it is best to let it rise yet a third time, and
punch down again.

Shape loaves and place into buttered pans. The dough tends to stick more
if oil is used. Cover pans with  warm damp cloths, and let rise in pans
20 to 30 minutes.

Pre-heat oven to 350F

Bake loaves until crust are browned and bread has pulled away from sides
of pans about 50 to 60 minutes

Remove loaves from pans Immediately. Set the bread on racks to cool. (
yea right it does not get the chance to do that at my house  :)

    "old fashion bake"
Yield:
    "2 loaves"

Per serving: 195 Calories (kcal); 3g Total Fat; (11% calories from fat);
6g Protein; 39g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 70mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2
Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates