Sourdough in ABM

Carolyn Schaffner <drsnooks@buffnet.net>
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 06:12:06 -0500
v101.n059.7
Yes,,, Brian...

I have used sourdough starter in my ABM, but had to use dried yeast
also, since the starter isn't about to start anything in the relatively
short time the machine allots for rising.

Therefore, I don't see any advantage to adding the sourdough starter. I
feed/use my starter every three days, whether I need to or not, so
there's no distinctive flavor the ABM bread needs. But my sourdough
bread is FANTASTIC!

I don't like my bread machine. (Is daughter listening?) because the top
is flat instead of nicely rounded. Anyone with suggestions about THAT
feature??

Carolyn Schaffner in Buffalo, NY

 > From: "Brian Wood" <brianjwood@btconnect.com>

 > Has anyone successfully baked sourdough in an ABM, as opposed to mixing
the dough only? I have had very variable results, and most 'advice'
comments  seem to suggest it can't be done - but............................