Vanilla and Cinnamon

EHarbison@aol.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 11:35:36 EST
v101.n059.8
Jeff asks:

<<Has anyone tried vanilla bean paste in place of vanilla extract? ...what
type of cinnamon do you use?>>

Jeff, I have that vanilla bean paste and I like to use it in custards and so
on because it flecks it with vanilla bean dust.  But for the very best taste,
I use the "cookie vanilla" from King Arthur Flour. It's made to be strong
enough to hold up to cooking and it is.  In fact, even when I use the paste,
I use the cookie vanilla as well.  Just a drop or two.

As for cinnamon, I use KA's "Vietnamese Cinnamon".  One sniff and you'll
wonder what you've been using all these years.

But since I love both of these ingredients, I'm eager to hear what others use.

Beth Harbison