Pizza

Jeremy Olsonshelton <ftuba@sprintmail.com>
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 10:44:04 -0500
v102.n009.7
The William-Sonoma Kitchen Library book PIZZA is very good.  After some
practice, I have been able to turn out pizzas with the same shape as the
professionals.  Also, the dough stretches easily and doesn't fight back
like some recipes I used.  In addition to the recipe for basic pizza dough
this book also contains alternative recipes and hints and techniques to
help you out.

If I use quick rising yeast, instead of active dry yeast as called for in
the recipe, I can get pizza on the dinner table quicker than the pizza boy,
better and less expensive too.

The book is out of print, try searching Amazon.com for Pizza
(Williams-Sonoma Kitchen Library)  There is one hardcover there listed
there as used for 20.00.  There is another listed as used for 3.75.  The
ISBN is 0783502303 for the hardcover edition.  The other ISBN is 078350229X.

The ingredients for the recipe are

1 T active dry yeast
3/4 c plus 2T lukewarm water (7 fl oz)
2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour, plus 1/2 c. for working
1 t salt

It works much better mixed in a stand mixer or by hand than in the bread maker.

Alison