Re: Pizza Dough (bread-bakers.v102.n011)

DRogers248@aol.com
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 08:53:16 EST
v102.n013.3
"Walter Johnstone" <wjohnstone@mindspring.com> wrote:
 > The tile is wonderful, but you must make sure it is porcelain
 > (fired at a much higher temperature).  I have not yet tried to clean it
 > during the self-cleaning process of the oven; that is the next
 > experiment

Be very careful.  I have heard stories of clay cookers being destroyed
during oven self cleaning so the same thing might happen to a pizza
stone.  I have a pizza stone in my oven that stays there.  I never "clean"
it except to wipe off crumbs.  Some things are better with age <g>