Pizza Dough

snmstone@arriba.nm.org
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 13:59:44 -0700
v102.n013.16
My favorite recipe contains  yeast, water, salt, flour just like everyone
else's but use a little more water so the dough is a little more moist
instead of dry.  What is different is how I handle it after mixing
everything together.

I let it sit for about 15-20 minutes.  Then I wet my hands and spread the
dough out (in small portions)  with my hands on a pizza pan.   Keep your
hands wet (very wet) or everthing sticks to them.  You can't spread out the
whole amount of dough at once so you have to fudge and overlap some pieces
and then work until it is relatively even.  After that, spread on the pizza
sauce, the cheese and other accompaniments.  Put it in the oven at 425 -
450 F until it is done.

Enjoy.

I learned this about 35 years ago from a friend whose family in the pizza
business handled the dough this way.  It's different, it's quick and it's easy.

Maura in Zuni, NM