Here they are...

Tarheel_Boy@webtv.net (Tarheel Boy)
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:43:48 -0500 (EST)
v102.n013.19
During recent postings about English muffins, someone mentioned these. I
looked for the recipe and here is what I found.  They look very good and I
will try them just as soon as I eat the English muffins that I just
made.  ;-)))

Bob the Tarheel Baker

Australian Toaster Biscuits
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
3 cups unbleached flour
2 teaspoons salt
3/4 cup milk (110 degrees F)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup cornmeal

Directions
1) In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until
creamy, about 10 minutes.

2) In a large bowl, mix together flour and salt. Stir in the milk, oil and
yeast mixture. Beat well until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise
in a warm place until doubled, about 60 minutes. Lightly grease or butter
the inside of crumpet rings and dip the rings in cornmeal.

3) Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium low heat. Sprinkle cornmeal on
the griddle and place the rings on the griddle. Deflate the batter by
stirring. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into each ring. Cook slowly for about 10
minutes or until pale brown. Carefully remove the rings and turn the
biscuits over. Bake on second side about 8 minutes or until light brown.
Transfer to a rack to cool.