English Muffins.

"Margaret G. Cope" <mcope@connriver.net>
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 07:54:08 -0500
v102.n014.18
Rick Krall's March 2 recipe confuses me.  Four hour starter?  And then in
the sponge he refers to overnight starter.  Am I missing something?  Which
is it?  In the "Overnight Starter" he makes it and allows it to stand 4
hours.  "overnight"to me means about 8-9 hours.  Also in the recipe it
calls for "bread flour".  Can one use the higher gluten KA Special Flour
which I use for my bread recipes?  Also when will the ability to search for
recipes be on line?  Now that the English Muffin craze has hit in my house
I would like to look up all the other recipes and due to some computer
problems with my NEW computer which has many of the newsletters on it I
can't find them.

[[Editor's note: You can search for recipes now.

<http://www.bread-bakers.com/> and click on "search".

I entered english muffins in the box and selected "exact match".  It found
77 matches.  Archived digests have names like "v099n022.txt".  Recipe-only
archives have names like "b1q97-2.txt".  When you click on the match it
will show you the entire digest or all the recipes for that quarter.  Then
use the "find on this page" command (usually ctrl-f) to find "english
muffins" on the page.

Someday the search will take you directly to the recipe, but I can't
promise when that will be.

--Jeff]]