Rose Levy Beranbaum...

Tarheel_Boy@webtv.net (Tarheel Boy)
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 14:08:10 -0500 (EST)
v102.n015.15
Now that I know Rose reads the Bread Bakers Digest, I must tell y'all this
story.

Rose's Jewish Rye Bread was the first bread I baked from Daniel Leader's
book "Bread Alone."  I made two boules.

Some Jewish friends of ours invited my wife and I one evening for dessert,
coffee, and a game so I brought one of the rye boules along.

It had only been out of the oven for a couple of hours and the aroma was
quite tantalizing.  Our friends served a very nice coffee cake, but my
friend Ben wanted to "just sample" the rye bread.  His wife cut a piece for
him and then had one for herself.

They ate the whole loaf that evening and dubbed it "Bob's
Not-Bad-For-A-Gentile Jewish Rye Bread."

Thanks, Rose.  I look forward to your new book.

Bob the Tarheel Baker