artisan breads

Sue Hermosillo <sueherm@pacbell.net>
Mon, 27 May 2002 07:49:01 -0700
v102.n023.3
Sue Hodder, Mpls. Minnesota wrote:
"HI  I love to bake bread and I would love to be able to make sour dough
bread like it just came out of the oven in San Francisco.  Or, like the
"Artisan Bread" that I buy here in Mpls. MN.   Any tips ?"

I really like Nancy Silverton's book "Breads From The La Brea Bakery". It
has a long introductory section on the process, beginning with making a
grape starter (which I didn't do, I bought the one sold by King Arthur and
I love it).  With one exception all of the breads are sourdough and take at
least 2 days.
Sue H