Baking Stones

"Merv Slobodin" <patmerv@earthlink.net>
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 8:15:59 -0700
v102.n030.7
Hi, there!

My husband and I are dipping our collective big toes in the Sea of
Artisanry and need your advice:  We are in the market for a baking stone
and have come to a choice between two:  Both are approximately the same
size (14" x 16") but there is a difference in weight and price.  The more
expensive of the two, and the heaviest, advertises that the stone may stay
in the oven where it can be cleaned during the oven cleaning cyle.  The
other stone doesn't speak to this point.  There is about $10-15 difference
in the price.  Which one should we be looking at from the standpoint of
durability and effectiveness -- outside, of course -- spending a fortune
remaking the oven?  Hm-m-m-?  Thanks, Pat

--- Merv Slobodin
--- patmerv@earthlink.net