A Question on Pita Bread

"Paschetag" <paschetag@attbi.com>
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 06:01:14 -0400
v102.n034.9
Hi there,

Yesterday I made pita bread for the first time, using a recipe from the KAF
Baking Sheet series.  While the taste was excellent, the bread never really
"poofed" up like a balloon during the baking process.  After cooling, it
did not separate into clean layers easily and was crisper than I expected.

I baked the bread on a baking sheet placed on a preheated baking stone for
2 minutes and then moved the sheet higher in the oven for 5 minutes (500 F)
as directed in the recipe.

Does anyone out there have any thoughts on what I should do differently
next time?

Thanks!
LP