Re: Yeast

"Don Bischoff" <taktez@earthlink.net>
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 13:03:57 -0500
v102.n036.21
Hi Sandy,

I also buy the one pound yeast bricks.  Get 'em at Sam's club.  Two for
three dollars plus change.  Such a deal.

When I get them home they go right in the freezer.   After opening the
first one I put it in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid and back in the
freezer it goes.  I've had it last over a year that way and it's still just
like it was on day one, and that's just the first brick.  The second pound
will also last over a year after it's open.  I always proof my yeast before
using just to be sure.  Old habits are hard to break.

Hope this helps.

Don