Spray bottles

"Max Prola" <mjprola@dial.pipex.com>
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 15:23:39 +0100
v102.n038.5
Several people have expressed doubts about the value of a pump spray.  I
have used mine for a couple of weeks and also haven't noticed any
difference in the bread's structure. I was hoping that the spray might
eliminate the hair-line cracks which appear on the crust as the bread
cools, but it didnt help much.

Any ideas about eliminating these cracks? Doesn't seem to have anything to
do with the bread's hydration, as it happens not only  with dense breads,
but also even with 75 - 80% hydration.

Best wishes,

Max Prola

The spray came in very handy in baking taralli, an Italian savoury biscuit.
It gives them a very nice shiny surface and a golden colour.