re advantium oven

"Joan and Larry Ross" <rosskat@pipeline.com>
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 19:03:18 -0500
v102.n055.15
My old Sears double oven stove finally died after 30 years of constant use.
So I wanted to buy a state of the art oven. I bought the G.E. Advantium 2
wall oven, a step down from the more costly Advantium. Anyway I have baked
with the speed cook feature and the conventional feature and was very
satisfied with the results.

It does takes some getting used to determine how to set the upper and lower
heating levels for the speed cook  feature. I used their cook book as a
guide. I made a variety of quick breads, coffee cakes and yeast breads
which came out excellent.

My husband and I installed the oven ourselves (a big hassle- as the stove
must be installed under an existing cabinet etc. it wasn't that easy for
us. Also in the long rung, make sure your fan exhausts outside (cut a hole
in the wall) not recirculates :-)

I suggest getting someone from wherever you buy the oven to install it.
Home Depot, Sears and Best buy sell this stove as well as other stores I am
sure.

Otherwise I am very happy with all of its features and how it cooks, bakes
and microwaves.

Joan