Re: mailing bread

Haacknjack@aol.com
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 08:55:25 EST
v102.n058.8
For: mkeillor@lms.ccps.ga.net

I can tell you for sure that a very rich (egg, butter, whole milk) loaf
will get through just fine.  My sister and I send a couple dozen Stollens
around the country and even to Europe (where my lurking friend will now be
chuckling) ... and by all accounts they arrive highly edible.

So a good Challah, or another recipie made with plenty of richness, stands
a good chance.  Wrap it in something REALLY airtight (zipper bag probably)
and send it by the fastest available method.

Of course, sweet quick breads are a dandy alternative as well -- banana,
pumpkin, etc.  And, though not a bread, most bar cookies ship very nicely
too.  enjoy!