Recipe for Muffins

Jpalex@aol.com
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 16:47:11 EST
v103.n004.8
Carolyn requested muffin recipes and my husband and I find these muffins to
be very satisfying. Hope you enjoy them as well.

Joy Alexander

FRESH APPLE MUFFINS
(From 1984 Southern Living Annual Cookbook)

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups peeled, chopped cooking apples
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg, beaten

Topping

1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/2 cup finely chopped cooking apple

Combine first 8 ingredients in a large mixing bowl and make well in center
of mixture. Combine milk, oil and egg; add to dry ingredients, stirring
just until moistened. Spoon batter into greased muffins pans, filling
two-thirds full.

For topping, combine sugar and next 3 ingredients. Sprinkle over muffin
batter. Bake at 350 F for 35 minutes. Yield: 1 dozen.