Re: bread knives

"P" <amier@core.com>
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 20:00:24 -0500
v103.n005.12
I have a Lamson.  Yes it cost a lot and I am neither young nor
wealthy.  But it is an excellent knife for even hot bread and believe it or
not I also use it for other things, like last night I split an acorn squash
with it.  I have also used it to cut melons even though I also have a
perfectly adequate french knife, also Lamson.  I especially like the heft
of it and I also like its pointless length.

To clarify I'm troubled with arthritis but the weight of this knife does
not aggravate my hand and I live alone and seldom cook for others.  I will
admit I thought long and hard before I bought the knives but I have been
most happy.  I bought Lamson because I was on a buy USA kick at the time
and they were available where I looked.  I suspect there are comparable
knives in other brands.

PamelaMI