Breadman Ultimate problem

"Koller" <kollers@earthlink.net>
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 17:35:56 -0500
v103.n007.23
Greetings!

I really enjoy reading all the posts and the terrific recipes. Hoping
someone on the list can help me with this problem. In July 2001 after much
soul searching, question asking and research, I purchased a Breadman
Ultimate bread machine. I had seen scads of books with wonderful sounding
bread-machine recipes and just couldn't help myself. I bought the machine
through King Arthur, after several consultations with a consultant there
who even explained why they had dropped the Zo and were (at that time)
touting the Breadman. Well, life got complicated and I didn't get to use
the Breadman very much at first. Just within the last six months have I
been breaking it out about once a week and using it. In December 2002
(machine is now 17 months old) I tried to make a loaf of Salsa Bread from
Better Homes and Gardens, when, 10 minutes into the Bake Cycle, the machine
started to beep madly and displayed the code "_oo". Called Salton and the
rep could not tell me what the code meant ; he could only tell me how to
reset the machine. One loaf of bread gone. Since that time every other loaf
does the same thing. I am throwing way too much dough away. Salton's
solution on the last call? Since the machine is out of the one-year
warranty, I can send it back (at my expense) with a check for $50 and they
will send me a new machine. I don't think so!! Has anyone else ever
encountered this problem? I will only use it now to knead bread doughs and
then finish them off by hand but haven't had too much luck getting the
bread to turn out as we have become accustomed to it. Any help or info
would be appreciated!

Cindy - who is frustrated beyond tears