Beer Bread recipe

linda.rose@comcast.net
Sun, 02 Mar 2003 15:08:19 +0000 (Eastern)
v103.n013.3
 > I've made beer bread from a mix and love the consistency..
 > Does anyone have any home made or hand made bread recipes
 > using beer?   Thanks, Jenny

Jenny,  Here's a recipe I gleaned off of the net.  Josh said he doesn't
know where "radio" comes from, but I bet his great-grandmother got the
recipe from the radio. I haven't tried this recipe, but it looks
interesting.  Look on the web for self-rising flour recipes if you don't
have any.  It's just all-purpose flour with salt and baking powder
added.  Good luck, Linda Badeen

* Exported from MasterCook *

                              Radio Beer Bread

Recipe By     :Josh's great grandmother.
Serving Size  : 0     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Quick Breads

   3               cups  self-rising flour
   2        tablespoons  sugar
   2         12 oz cans  beer
      1/4           cup  melted butter

Mix flour and sugar with a wooden spoon.  Add beer, 1/3 at a time.  Turn
batter into 3 6X3 loaf pans.  Drizzle butter over tops.

Bake at 350F for 50 minutes.

Relax and drink the second beer while you wait

   "josh's favorite bread recipe"
Source:
   "joshhart@uclink4.berkeley.edu"
Yield:
   "3 small loaves"

Per serving: 2110 Calories (kcal); 50g Total Fat; (23% calories from fat);
40g Protein; 328g Carbohydrate; 124mg Cholesterol; 5265mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 18 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 10
Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates