Head cheese pans

Susan MacDonald <susanmacd@shaw.ca>
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:47:08 -0800
v103.n015.6
In her post about KGO Beer Bread, Mavis Nolte mentioned her mother using
head-cheese pans for bread. Those old pans are the best! If you see them at
a garage sale or in a thrift shop, don't hesitate - scoop them up. I scored
six for 75 cents each and paid $2 each for two more in the last year. I put
1 1/2 lbs of dough in them and get lovely shaped loaves with rounded tops.
The only quibble is that the sides of the loaf don't brown well, but if
that seems to be an issue, I take the loaf out of the pan and give it a few
more minutes in the oven.

Susan