A BIG THANK YOU and comment on tiles.

lfc@juno.com
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 22:33:06 -0600
v103.n016.13
*****  "let's get back to baking bread. In peace."  *****

I love that line!

Thank you all so much for the replies to my questions.  I am learning so
much from ya'll.

I appreciated the bread recipe and info from Bev C...
and ...
... the bread machine and yeast info from Mike.

About the tiles...

My mother in law gave me some tiles  "From the Hearth"  quite a few years
ago when I was making lots of homemade pizza.  They work great, but when I
would put cornmeal down on them it would sift down into the aluminum tray
and I got tired of washing them up to put them away.  But since using the
solid baking stones I've found at dept. stores and Pampered Chef I have
again learned to love baking on stones.  It makes everything from pizza to
bread to biscuits and cookies better.

Another thing for someone who might get stones and think they are supposed
to stay clean and unstained....

forget it... learn to love the 'seasoned' look as areas darken and they
will become 'nonstick'.  I say this because I'm a little obsessive and
would scub and scrub to get them clean and 'pretty' again.   So silly of me!