New bread machine cookbook review

Sat, 03 May 2003 14:35:49 -0700
v103.n022.14
Many cookbook authors come and go.  It seems to me that this is
particularly true of bread cookbook authors.  But there are two authors who
have tremendous staying power.  Their bread machine cookbooks have set the
standards and are referenced over and over again by beginning through
advanced bread machine bakers.  They are, of course, Lois Conway and Linda
Rehburg authors of the Bread Machine Magic series.  "Bread Machine Magic
Revised Edition" has just been published by St. Martin's Press.  There are
138 recipes in the book, every recipe has measurements for 1, 1 1/2 and 2
lb loaves and nutritional information.

The first section of the book is devoted to imparting to beginning bakers
important information regarding the different types of flour and the
various ingredients like liquids, fats, sweeteners, eggs, etc., that can go
into a loaf of bread.  It continues with a note for people on special
diets, tips for baking the perfect loaf, information for high altitude
baking, a section on storage of the variety of ingredients and wraps up
with "About Our Recipes".

The book then goes into the 138 recipes.  All are laid out clearly, with
crust and bake cycle recommendations and even suggestions for optional bake
cycles.

As usual and as expected of this wonderful duo this Revised Edition of
Bread Machine Magic is exceptional. It is on the shelves in bookstores
now.  I would recommend getting one before the crowd beats you to them.

Reggie
Usual disclaimer applies, I don't work for St Martin's Press, Lois Conway
or Linda Rehberg.  I make no profit from the sales of their books ... I
just enjoy them!!)