For Lee Anne, Fredericka, and the Marine major...

Tarheel_Boy@webtv.net (Skallywagg)
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 12:10:27 -0400 (EDT)
v103.n027.5
Lee Anne:  Here's my recommendation for a great bread machine:  Your
hands.  Unless kneading presents a physical problem for you, there is
nothing like the tactile experience of kneading bread dough.

Fredericka:  Throwing ice cubes in your oven to create steam is an exercise
in futility.  Think about it:  You have a frozen object that must be
converted to water and then to steam.  The entire operation reduces the
temperature of your oven and does nothing for your bread.  I think the best
way for a home baker to create a little steam is to spray the loaves, put
them in the oven, and quickly spray the oven.  That's it and you won't
damage your lovely complexion.  ;-

As for the Marine major, tell your wife she is not alone in thinking you
have gone off the deep end.  Because of my obsession with bread, my wife
thinks the same of me.

Bob the Tarheel Baker who was a Marine sergeant during the Korean War.

Semper Fi!