Kenwood contact info and success story

Dan Erwin <derwin@uiuc.edu>
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:21:25 -0500
v103.n033.6
The contact information for Kenwood:

Kenwood Ltd
New Lane
Havant
Hampshire
PO9 2NH
England
Tel: +44 23 9247 6000
Fax: +44 23 9239 2400

I was able to repair my speed control assembly at home. I finally did
have a direction to Kenwood in England. It was by phone. I was amazed by
the assistance I received, not from a repair person, by from an
engineer. He gave me specific information that I needed for the
reassemgly of the parts, plus, with a digital camera he e-mailed me two
clear photos of the speed control area that showed precisely how the
parts should be assembled----plus, he made a second call that same day
to offer any answers concerning questions I might have. When I had
reassembled the speed control successfully I noted that the knob still
was gradually being worked out during kneading. When I told him about
that he told me that a plastic part on the knob was likely to have been
damaged when I pulled out the knob in the first place, and so he offered
to send that part to me with no charge. That's what I call SERVICE !
None of this would have occurred if it wasn't for the Bread-bakers
Digest. A member who lives in London gave me the phone number, but I
received several other members who also contacted me to attempt to deal
with the sicuation. Thank you to all of your help.

Dan Erwin