RE: Inconsistency in flours

"Susannah Ayres-Thomas" <sthomas3@wi.rr.com>
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 09:22:57 -0500
v103.n034.6
I want to add my vote of confidence to Ed's regarding King Arthur
Flour.  KAF is always consistent, because they always balance the formulae,
so that the protein level remains the same, from bag to bag.  When you read
on the bag that the flour contains X% protein, it does, every single
time.  When I want my recipe to turn out perfectly, I go for KAF, every
single time.  They have several kinds of flours, including two different
bread flours, pastry flour, cake flour, AP, the whole nine yards.  So, if
you haven't tried it yet, please do.  And if you don't have a store in your
area which carries it, you can mail-order it, or order online at
www.kingarthurflour.com

Susannah