soft breadsticks

Wed, 27 Aug 2003 22:49:00 -0700
v103.n037.13
These are from another list I am on ... thought you might enjoy them ...
they are very easy.

                       *  Exported from MasterCook  *

                               Soft Breadsticks

Recipe By     : Nancy Johnson, Connersville, IN
Serving Size  : 12   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List        Breads
                  Hand Made                        Low Fat

     1 1/4  Cups          all-purpose flour
     2      Teaspoons     sugar
     1 1/2  Teaspoons     baking powder
       1/2  Teaspoon      salt
       2/3  Cup           milk
     3      Tablespoons   butter or margarine -- melted
     2      Teaspoons     sesame seeds

In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Gradually
add milk and stir to form a soft dough.

Turn onto a floured surface, knead gently 3-4 times. Roll into a  10 x 5 x
1/2-inch rectangle; cut into 12 breadsticks.

Place butter in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Place breadsticks in the butter
and turn to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.

Bake at 450F. for 14-18  minutes or until golden brown.

Serve warm.

Makes 12 breadsticks.

Source : "Taste Of Home Magazine, June-July '96, p. 32"

S(mastercook formatting by): "bobbi744@comcast.net"

NOTES : "I've been making these tasty breadsticks that go with almost any
meal for years," relates Nancy. "Since they use ingredients like flour,
sugar, baking powder and milk, it's convenient and inexpensive to mix up a
batch."

Bobbie's Note: These were delicious. They got quite crispy when cooked for
about 16 minutes, the time it took for them to get light brown. Next time,
I would cut them into only 10 breadsticks as they tend to stretch and get
quite thin when transferred to the pan.