Re: scales - for Raymond Kenyon

Nifcon@aol.com
Sat, 6 Sep 2003 05:09:18 EDT
v103.n039.1
Electronic digital scales have many useful features but I would still
recommend that you at least consider an old fashioned beam balance, the
type that uses weights.

They are not hi-tec and they don't have a tare capability but they are
accurate, robust and there is basically, nothing to go wrong.

I have an old Salter bean balance that I bought 30 years ago and I've
considered buying a more modern scale many times but the advantages have
never seemed to justify the purchase. For me, I hasten to add, personal
taste is an important factor in your decision.

John