Mike - Tare

Nifcon@aol.com
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 05:00:41 EDT
v103.n042.2
>"They most certainly DO have a tare function. You start with your scales
>in balance. If you use a different container to measure, you still balance
>the scales. They are in tare."

What non digital beam balances lack is, not the 'capabilty" (as I wrote,
sloppily) for tare but a built in 'function' or button for resetting the
balance to offset the weight of a container other than the scale pan.

And I've never seen  the phrase "in tare" used synonymously with "in
balance" as you did in your post - it may of course be in regular use in
this fashion in the US.

John