a suggestion to help lower cholesterol

Mary Stackhouse <marystackhouse@shimgumdo.org>
Mon, 06 Oct 2003 14:35:34 -0400
v103.n044.14
I have a suggestion regarding lower cholesterol - whole grain breads.
Though my cholesterol was only just over 200, I took up trying to eat a
diet with more whole grains such as brown rice more often instead of white
rice but continuing to eat the same foods.  My cholesterol lowered.  I find
that it is more difficult to bake whole grain breads but  they are still
great and provide more fiber which should help lower your cholesterol if
eaten often.  I suggest "The Laurel's Kitchen Bread Book" by Laurel
Robertson, Carol Flinders and Bronwen Godfrey published by Random
House.  This book only contains breads make with 100% whole grains.  The
book is well researched and there is a huge variety of recipes.  Eating
whole grains does not eliminated carbohydrates, but eating an increasing
amount of whole grains can help to lower your cholesterol.