more on flax seed

Gonzo White <gonzow@prodigy.net.mx>
Mon, 01 Dec 2003 14:06:21 -0600
v103.n051.12
Lobo said:
"Whole Flax seeds should never be used in bread. You add no nutrition to
your bread by using whole flax seed as they aren't digested when
eaten.  Grind the seeds into meal."

I had never heard that so I called up my flax seed supplier (I get milled
seed, didn't even know it until I read the label, and she says that from
all the information available to her - flax seed must be milled - and
correctly (professionally to the right temperature)- to obtain optimal
results. If it's not milled properly - it won't maintain its properties.

So now you know lots more about Flax seed.  It is supposed to be good for
you, I put it into my banana bread.