Bread bags

"Paul and Ruth Provance" <prmtprovance@erols.com>
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 00:54:44 -0500
v104.n001.20
Dear Shirley,

For a while there, I could find "food storage and bread bags" at Safeway,
but they don't have them any more.  I am still using my last box.  I used
to be able to get bags used for home freezing of vegetables in the half
gallon size, and they could also be used for breads.  However, both of the
above options really only could handle the smaller loaves, 8 x 4 inches.

The solution I have found is the King Arthur Baker's Catalog.  Of course.

I use the "single" bags for my everyday breads, which vary in size from 8 x
4 inch loaves to longer pans that are also 4 inches wide, to the 9 x 5 inch
loaves.  These bags have plenty of room.  They also have baguette bags and
double bags for two loaves.  I use the "All Purpose" bags for my large
Christmas stollen, and the single bags for my smaller, gift-sized stollen.

Happy baking!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Ruth