toastmaster bread machine advice

"Joan & Larry Ross" <rosskat@pipeline.com>
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 07:06:00 -0500
v104.n008.15
My Toastmaster Platinum ( 1199S ) breadmachine of almost 10 years died, the
heating element busted - all the other cycles work well.

I called Toastmaster and they told me that Salton put out the Corner Bakery
Bread machine as a clone to that particular  Toastmaster 1199S. So I went
out and bought it. The timing cycles were exactly the same, down to the
minute. However the Toastmaster had a wattage of 550 and this new machine
had a wattage of 420.

Didn't think that would make a difference. Old ToastMaster made higher
rising, fine grained texture bread and the new bread machine made a much
coarser bread and not as lofty; so I returned the machine after making a
few loaves in it.

Now I have 2 questions
1. should the wattage difference in the machines result in different texture?
2. any recommendations for a bread machine that makes nice high rising
loaves with fine grain texture?

thanks for any input

Joan,Larry and Cosmo the Cutie Dog
Visit our Baking Pages at: