Panasonic Lemon Poppy bread

Bev <retiredtaxlady@direcway.com>
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 06:43:05 -0600
v104.n012.6
Dear Reginia,

Here's the recipe from the Panasonic Book:

2 cups bread flour
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon dry milk
1 teaspoon salt
7/8 cup water
1 Tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons  poppy seeds
1 Tablespoon lemon peel
1 - 1.5 teaspoons dry yeast

Note: Use 1 teaspoon dry yeast if you are using the quick rising type, 1.5
teaspoons if you are using the active dry type.  (my note: probably 1
teaspoon if you are using the instant yeast

Note:  I didn't know that poppy seeds went stale rather quickly so if yours
have been around for a while, taste them first to see if they have flavor
or if the oils in them have gone stale.

AND, here's a tested recipe that just might give the above recipe a run for
its taste buds!

Lemon Bread

I am not sure but I think the recipe below was developed by Renzo - a
valuable contributor to this list!

1 egg + enough water to equal ½ cup
1/3 c vanilla yogurt (probably plain would work as well)
1 T butter
2 T buttermilk powder
1 tsp lemon extract (got this at the supermarket.  I think it's a critical
ingredient)
1.5 tsp lemon or lime zest (only cause I didn't have lemon <G>)
1 tsp lemon juice (ok, ok, I admit it, I used bottled)
1 T Honey
2 T gluten
2 tsp dough enhancer
1 tsp yeast
3/4 tsp salt
3 T pecans (optional)
1 1/4 cup bread flour
1 cup whole wheat flour (can use all white)

(I should think poppy seeds would be great in this)

These are listed randomly.  Add in proper order for your machine.  It
turned out to be a lovely loaf.  It wasn't a sweet bread at all.  If you
use plain yogurt, you  might want to add more honey, but I think it would
be good either way.

Bev C