Re: white bread: Hitachi and more

MEWellborns@aol.com
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 10:30:33 EST
v104.n012.5
Audra,

I too have the Hitachi HB-B201 and here is the recipe that is right out of
the manual:
Large Loaf:
1 1/8 Cups lukewarm tap water
3 Cups bread flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoon dry milk
1 1/2 Tablespoon butter
1 to 1 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast

I select bread color light loaf and add extra yeast if I choose rapid cycle.

I would be glad to copy and mail you the manual if you would email me
personally.

Here is my favorite white bread recipe:

                      *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

    1 1/4  cups          water
      1/3  cup           margarine
    3 1/2  cups          bread flour
      1/3  cup           sugar
    1      tablespoon    lowfat powdered milk
    1      teaspoon      salt
    1 1/2  teaspoons     active dry yeast

In your automatic bread maker add the water and margarine.  In a bowl
combine the bread flour, powdered milk, salt, and sugar, stir to combine
and add to the bread maker.  Make a well in the center of the flour mixture
and pour the yeast into the well.  Follow the directions for your bread
maker to bake.

Elizabeth