Panasonic Bread Machine Poppy Seed Bread for Regina

"Amy A. Smereck" <aasmereck@mindspring.com>
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 20:47:51 -0500
v104.n012.11
I have a Panasonic Bread Machine and have bypassed this recipe many times,
thinking that lemon poppy seed as anything but a quick bread/muffin sounded
a bit odd.  Now I will definitely try it out.  I assume the Lemon Peel
should be the dried kind in a jar, not fresh zest.

Poppy Seed-Lemon Bread

2 1/4 cups bread flour
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp dry milk
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp poppy seeds
1 Tbsp lemon peel
15/16 cup (7 1/2 fl. oz.) water
1 tsp dry yeast

 From the Panasonic Bread Bakery SD-BT55P Operating Instructions and
Recipes manual.

Place ingredients in pan in order given.  Put yeast in dispenser.  Use
Basic Bake mode.

I have owned this machine about twelve years now, and it works well but has
a very small capacity - 2 1/4 cups of flour.  I can go up to about 3 1/4
cups in Dough mode, if I take the dough out before the end of the cycle, so
it doesn't overflow the pan.  I can't bring myself to get rid of it because
it is so reliable, and can't get a new, larger capacity one until I do.  A
question: Do larger capacity machines handle small amounts well, or if I
get a newer machine, will I be stuck making only large loaves?