Bratwurst rolls?

"Margaret G. Cope" <mcope@surfglobal.net>
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 06:56:07 -0400
v104.n030.4
In Sheboygan Wisconsin...yes it exists and I grew up there....there is a
wonderful bakery...City Bakery...which makes "bratwurst rolls" among other
good breads and sweet rolls.

Anybody out there have a clue as how to make them?  They have a light crust
on the outside and are light in the inside with a medium crumb.  Not at all
sweet.  Have a crease down the middle  of the roll which is broken in
half...the half is split with a knife and the "brat"is placed inside with
of course mustard, pickle, onion and sometimes even catsup.

Once I encountered a similar roll in Worcester MA (where I also lived for
30 years) but of course they no longer exist and as Johnsonville brats are
now available up here in the north country we need the right roll. =20

If anyone has an idea please email me directly.  There is a traditional 4th
of July ""brat fry" planned for Sat night." I only wish I had thought of
asking you all before this "crisis".