re: whole wheat bread, etc.

Harry Glass <hglass@yahoo.com>
Sun, 17 Oct 2004 12:44:29 -0700 (PDT)
v104.n046.8
Joe Tilman <mrtilman@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Re: a light, fluffy whole wheat
>I would doubt it was 100% whole wheat, probably closer to 25-30% ww /
>70-75% white.

Joe,

First a disclaimer: I didn't read the message to which your reply below
referred.

If taken at face value, your reply suggests that you haven't made serious
attempts at baking above average 100% whole wheat bread. If you had, you
would have learned, as I did more than 15 years ago, that it is easy.  All
it takes is a good basic recipe (e.g., the one on the 5 lb. bag of King
Arthur Traditional Whole Wheat Flour), a little research at the library for
ideas in bread baking books, and a little experimentation with changes to
the basic recipe.

As a result of my doing the above, I have been making unbeatably light,
fluffy, great tasting honey 100% whole wheat bread for years.

Harry