Freezing dough

RisaG <radiorlg@yahoo.com>
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 06:51:52 -0700 (PDT)
v104.n047.1
An addendum to what I did for the Halloween party -

I defrosted the dough, let the dough balls thaw on a cookie sheet, removed
them, flattened them a bit, filled them and then rolled them into balls,
placed in sprayed bundt pan.

Baked at normal temperature (375F). I drizzled a bit of the filling over
the top before baking and yet the dough balls did not rise as much as they
usually do when NOT frozen.

I still got quite a few compliments on the bread. I made 3 loaves and when
I left the party, there was only 1/3 of one of the loaves left. Last year I
baked 2 and they were completely gone by the time I left 2 hours later. By
the time I got to the center of the table to get some food myself, 1 was
gone. Last night only 1/2 of one was gone by the time I got to get the food.

Anyway, it is a very simple recipe and really yummy.

Here is the actual recipe, altho' I play with it all the time:

                      *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                         Risa's Garlic Bubble Loaf

Recipe By     : adapted from Taste of Home
Categories    : Abm                              Breads, Muffins & Rolls
      1/2  cup           sour cream -- room temp
      3/4  cup           lukewarm water -- or more
    1 1/2  ts            sea salt
    2      tb            garlic infused olive oil
    3      tb            sugar
    3      cups          bread flour
    1 1/2  ts            SAF yeast
                         Garlic Mixture:
      1/4  cup           olive oil
    4      cloves        garlic -- minced
                         salt -- to taste*

For garlic mixture: Place all ingredients in a microwaveable bowl and heat
on HIGH for 1 minute. Remove and let sit.

For bubble loaf: Place all ingredients in bread pan according to
manufacturers' directions. Dough cycle.

When cycle is done, remove dough to a floured work surface. Spray a bundt
pan (or brownie pan) with cooking spray or brush with olive oil. Preheat
oven to 375F.

Roll dough out into a rectangle. Cut, with pizza cutter, into 16-20 pieces,
about the size of a golf-ball. Roll each into a ball. Flatten each ball,
make a mark in the center of each with your thumb (Trev's trick) and then
put a tiny bit of garlic mixture into center mark.** Like a pierogi or
dumpling, fold over the garlic mixture and then roll into a ball.

Drizzle a bit of the garlic mixture (just the oil) into the bottom of the
prepped pan. Brush it around. Then place the balls in, as you do them,
until the pan is filled. Then with remaining garlic mixture, drizzle it
over the garlic rolls. Put little bit of butter all over too, if you wish.

Place in preheated oven. Bake for 1/2 hour. Check at 20 minutes to see if
the loaf is browned or not. If not, continue to bake until this happens.
Remove pan to wire rack to cool a bit. Then remove loaf carefully, so it
doesn't break apart, and let it cool a bit more on the rack.

Serve with pasta dinner, also great with roast chicken.

* This can be added to - I take some herbs or chiles, or other items and
place them in the oil.

** You can also add a bit of shredded romano or parmesan cheese at this
point or a bit of dried or fresh chile too.

Other Notes:

Also, sometimes I don't have time to bring the sour cream to room
temperature so I just use it right from the refrigerator. Doesn't seem to
make much difference in the bread.

RisaG