mailing bread

BLONDEMOMLADY@aol.com
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 20:40:28 EST
v104.n053.6
Kyle, I agree with you, the higher the fat content, the longer the bread
lasts, and will ship better.  I live in Indiana, and send bread to my
daughter in Washington state quite often.  I  prefer to send her
buttermilk-based bread, which is still fresh when she gets it.  I do go to
an "overnight"  shipping place in town, I hate to think of my effort going
to waste, and my daughter not being able to enjoy her surprise.  You are
quite right, always make sure the bread is completley cooled, then I place
it in a ziploc freezer bag.  That is also what we place our bread in at
home, it seems to stay fresher that way.  Thank goodness we can ship across
country so quickly, my daughter is pleased with her gift, and I am happy to
make it for her!

Cyndi