RE: The Great Steam Debate

"Allen Cohn" <allen@cohnzone.com>
Sat, 9 Apr 2005 12:29:58 -0700
v105.n017.2
Now we're up to 4 cents after I add my two...I'm quite happy with my
approach, which is very similar to Roxanne's without the stones.

I just have a cast iron pan that I heat up in the oven along with the pizza
stone (the pan is dedicated for just this purpose because it gets more and
more rusty with each use). I boil a cup of water and toss it in the pan
immediately after inserting the bread. It seems to work fine for me and
saves me the trouble of moving a hot pan from the stovetop to the oven.

Allen

PS: If I had a convection oven, I would turn it to that mode during the
last ten minutes to dry out the crust...